background

Monday, October 15, 2012

Church

When I can't sleep, Church of Christ youth rally/campfire songs always come to mind. Here lately I'd give anything to be at Camp Ch-yo-ca or Youth In Action or Winterfest listening to "Hide Me Away O Lord", "We Shall Assemble on The Mountain", or "Prince of Peace" sung by just other voices.

What is it about songs that get to us? Our new church home has an amazing band and sounds like a band on KLove. It's great and uplifting! I adore our preacher and the messages he brings. But, Saturday night at a football game I was surrounded by 40,000 people singing the national anthem and all I could think about was heaven.

I hope we rock out in heaven... But I hope there's still time for some acapella.

Random? Yes.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment