background

Saturday, March 1, 2014

House hunting

This is stressful. Enjoyable. Bittersweet.

Keeping my house clean daily so that potential buyers can come see is a nice change of oace from the cluttered mess we generally live in. It doesn't seem to get out of hand. I love my old house full of charm, creaky floors, and amazing baseboards and trim.

Looking at new houses brings so many emotions. It's a house that one day Kyle and I will bring more new children home in. It'll be the house that builds backyard memories on a street that my children will learn to ride bikes on. It'll be the house that we continue to embrace Maddox's journey in and with that, I find myself holding it to a higher regard. 

What if he needs a walker or wheelchair? Are the entry ways wide enough? Is the flooring smooth enough? Will he ever feel like it's comfortable for him? Finding a good fit for now is different than I thought it would be. 

But... For our boys, we'll find what our family needs and we'll leave this house to someone staring their own chapter. In Gods time, this will line out.

No comments:

Post a Comment