background

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Once upon a time

7 years ago I was at Tech. I had my eye on a cutie. I bowled with him at Kennel Night and made him a bet. That bet ended with a first date. 

It's crazy how love starts. Cheesy much? But seriously. You're so dadgum smitten and don't even know what's ahead. I remember so clearly that first date at Frothy Monkey. I remember discussing past heartbreaks, Christianity, a need to explore, and dream family size. A hug is all I got when he left me at my door and I remember goosebumps when I saw him on campus the next day. More importantly I remember how giddy I was when his best friend questioned me.

Life happens. October marks 7 years with Kyle. We've been thru so much in such a short time. I have a great friend who will remain nameless that told me that she cries at weddings because they're so beautiful... And because the girl has no idea what's about to happen.

More than life happening, it changes. Love changes. You get married and it's crazy. We were given the best advice: "being a newlywed is a state of mind and not a frame of time". That's the truth. But it's so hard to live it. It's so hard to find the time with two kids and a dog and a house that won't sell and jobs and families and tempers and appointments and laundry and bills and and and...

This week I have to vow to be a wife. Sometimes as mommas I think we forget that. God put Kyle and I together. My kids will leave one day and I'll be back alone with this crazy man and I refuse to not know him. 

So, if you're reading this... Remember sometimes it's ok to put kids on the back burner. They'll survive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment