background

Thursday, January 17, 2013

a letter to my 11 month old

Hudson,
You're beyond awesome.  Each day I'm amazed at the love I continue to have for you and how it grows with each moment.  You've had ups and downs and we've survived them all.  Ear infections have been our biggest hurdle, but you're such a tough cookie.  I tell you what... I hate it though. I want nothing more to fix any pain you have.  You're so independent, opinionated, and a momma's boy.

Your laugh is unlike anything else and it melts my heart. I just adore it and I am enjoying the honest joy that pours out of you.  You laugh at me and your daddy; you laugh at Mister; you laugh at the ceiling fan; you laugh when you sneeze. Your joy is what makes my days worth living.  I pray each night as I lay you to sleep that you wake up with the same joy for this world that you went to sleep with and that as you grow older you continue to see the good in even the smallest things.  It's a crummy world... but with the light of Jesus living inside of you, you can continue to see the beauty in the middle of it all.

One more month and you'll be a year old. I'm soaking it up. I'm hugging you tight and I'm letting you grow.

At 11 months, you:
- give the best real hugs
- dance
- babble like a mad man (starting to say Dada, "that?", stop... but not sure)
- throw (and chase) your toys
- LOVE bath time; you get so excited just by us turning on the bathroom light
- are getting two new teeth... at least. Your bottom right one is officially through the skin.
- climbing in Mister's kennel nonstop

Good gracious child, I love you.
-Momma

post bath mohawk
LOVES bathtime. He's holding a toy Honey got him.
It shoots water... or hides his business. 


Jan 17th - 11 months old

SO BIG
Where'd Mister go?!
love 

"Mom, seriously?" - Mister

No comments:

Post a Comment