background

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

To my first


Hudson,
I'm so sorry. Nah... Not really. I feel like I should be sorry for not keeping up with posting about and to you over the past year but in all honesty it's because I have been physically keeping up with you. I want nothing more to be present for every second of your existence - I don't want to miss any fun thing you do!

You are the craziest coolest kid I know. I joke (a lot) that you have multiple personalities and really it's just because two is right around the corner for us. Literally... One more month and you'll be two. 

As I write this I can't sleep. You are sleeping just fine and, as I look at you in our fancy schmancy video monitor, I realize I just want to freeze time. I want to remember EVERY. LITTLE. DETAIL. So, for tonight, here's things about you.

- you used to only sleep with a dog. Now, over the past two weeks you have started a collection of bedtime buddies. You have "Dog" (the original), "Tech" (you LaTech stuffed dog), "horsey" (a Christmas gift from Evans Mimi), and "Money" (your braves rally monkey)
- you love Foo Nacks (fruit snacks)
- every morning you wake up asking for (orange) juice and a tah-tart. Lord help us if we run out...
- your speech is funny and inconsistent. You can say momma clear as day but poor Mister is called titter. Your Honey is called nunnie. You try to say it all. 
- you remind us to say prayers at the table
- you love pizza 
- oh! Favorites to watch? Bible Songs dvd, Chuggington, magic school bus, "minions", and cars
- we are attempting to potty train, very lackadaisical about it 
- you are ticklish everywhere
- you love anything with wheels, Legos, and colors
- you have all your teeth! Top two molars are halfway in and then we'll wait for the bottom two to show up
- you're a pain in the butt to put to bed (honestly). Not sure what happened. But once upon a time you were so easy going. Now you cry for about 10 minutes every stinking night. You'll move past it. It's just tough right now.
- if you could, you'd live outside

I wish I could video every thing you do. I love you so much and yet you exhaust me to my core. You are brilliant. You love to figure things out. A buckle does to stand a chance around you. Buttons? Watch out! You are going to be a smart cookie. I just can't get enough of you. 

Most importantly, you are now a big brother. You handled that transition amazingly. You are so sweet to Maddox and watching you love him brings me such joy. When you come home, you instantly want to give him "shoogs" and you won't go to bed without another dose of those sweet kisses. You are so gentle with him. You will be everything Maddox ever needs, I can already tell.

Love you hudstud... More than you'll ever know. Keep being so dadgum awesome. 
Love, 
Your momma



1 comment: