background

Thursday, April 24, 2014

6 months

My dearest Maddox,
Today you are six months old. We have had some of the happiest and hardest moments these past six months. You have taught me a different level of love and faith than I ever knew imaginable. You are prayed for and adored by so many. You are so special.

You can:
- raise your head 90 degrees on your belly
- semi-sit up when propped
- hold a gaze
- follow objects
- roll over from belly to back (only 4 times)

What we are working on:
- that dadgum oral aversion. You're capable of sucking and I've seen you swallow, cough, and gag. But you are so sensitive to your mouth and gums that you won't let anything in. I'm praying this away daily.
- head control! You're doing better at holding it up but I wouldn't say you've mastered it. I keep telling you that if you're ever gonna walk you gotta pick that head up! You don't seem to mind. :)
- grasping objects. You can hold things when placed in your hand but you don't reach for things. One day you will and you'll find a whole new world!
- reflux. Feeding tubes suck for reflux issues. I promise I'm trying to make it better. We'll get it figured out soon.

Keeping taking your time sweet boy. Me and your daddy are here for the long haul. I'll love you more each day and I'll push you more and more to be anything you're capable of. These six months have been so difficult but I wouldn't trade one single day. You, my second born boy, are a green eyed beauty. Your eyes are so soulful and they tell me so much daily. 

I can't wait to see what tomorrow holds. 

Love, 
Your momma 

No comments:

Post a Comment