background

Monday, April 28, 2014

"Man Crush Monday"

Where'd all this come from? Man crush Monday, woman crush Wednesday, throwback Thursday.... Geeze

I could tell you all about how dreamy Chris Pine is and how his voice makes me giggle even as a committed married woman, but I'm pretty sure that's just ridiculous. Or I could even indulge my imagination and think about Dan Uggla in baseball pants, but I'll pass.

I'm married to my Kyle. Is he my man crush? Not every day. But he's my husband and I'm stuck with (I mean...) I'm going to be with him forever. I love him even when he's not doing all the right things, saying the right things, or wearing what I would've picked out. A wise kid told us in our premarital counseling never to let anyone hear us speak ill of each other. I'm so guilty. 

Let's be honest. 

Kyle can drive me bananas. B-A-N-A-N-A-S. (Did u sing some Gwen right there? I sure did) but good grief I know I drive him nuts. So, for my own reasons... Mainly to look at tomorrow when he doesn't say the right thing, here's why I love him.

1. He's an amazing dad. Even when he has a lapse in judgement, gets sucked in to a braves game, or just doesn't think, his boys are his world. He loves them and I love how they love him.
2. He supported me even when it was hard. He promised to love me countries apart and stood by that promise. He loves me when I don't make the decision he'd pick.
3. He taught me to love. I thought I knew what it was. Nah. He showed me what it meant to heal and have a partner who loves like Christ does. Somehow he loves me no matter what.
4. He was a kid on our honeymoon and every day since. If id let him plan every vacay it'd be all about fun. He keeps me going and even though it's usually sports related that's alright. He let me get married in between football and baseball season so that on anniversaries I'd get a chance to have him to myself with no sports agenda. 

5. Five years and two kids later, he still looks at me like this. He's the first to make up. He tries to apologize. He hates to be at odds with me. He tries to always make it better. And he doesn't realize how good I've got it. 

Here's to many more years with this terd. No "mcm's" for me. Just my forever friend who I get to kiss whenever I want... If he's lucky. 

1 comment:

  1. So glad you did this! Made my heart smile pretty big :) Gah, I miss you people.

    And I so busted out some Hollaback Girl...

    ReplyDelete