background

Monday, November 3, 2014

busy weekend

 Friday morning started rough. Maddox had a seizure (after having one Thursday morning too) But this one I couldn't get to stop. So, we went to the ER for the first time because of seizures. I've learned that having a child with epilepsy (and the rest of his list) that when you gear up to go the ER one thing you have to pack is your feisty momma britches. I drove my seizing child to the hospital holding him in the front seat at 6 am. I walked straight in and didn't stop. I noticed quickly that the waiting room was empty and the admitting staff looked bored so I just said, "I've got a one year old seizing for longer than normal. No fever. He's in your system. What room?" Straight back we went. Impressively, they had an IV started in one stick and they quickly got his run down and let me know what they'd be giving him. Then me and the dr had to have our little chat. He wanted to admit. I pretty much said nope. We came to an agreement that if I promised to contact our neuro asap and to come back if he started back up, then we could go home. So, once he opened his eyes up at least twice for me, we were gone. 

Update: talked to neuro. It was exactly what I thought. Growing babies outgrow neuro meds. So we upped it by a hair and he's good to go. 
 
Halloween was so fun! Maddox had some Superman pajamas that included a bib (with muscles) and cape. He's not too keen on getting hot or having on too many layers so rather than take a gamble on a costume, we went with this. We trick or treated with our friends the Powell's and the boys had a blast. At one point Hudson was running down the road and I told him to stop. He looked at me, showed me his cape and said, "But momma I'm flying!" I couldn't really say no to that, so off he went. 


Superman and Spiderman. Spiderman is getting his web ready! 
 After Trick-or-Treating and going to Evan's MiMis for hotdogs and a fire, we headed home. Saturday was sure to be a big day. We were all headed to Tech's Homecoming!
                                                          

The boys did so well on the drive! Both of them slept til about 20 minutes to Ruston.                   


 Of course the second we drove up, Maddox was hungry. He then was extremely ticked because he had to be bundled. Between the hat, jacket, and blanket, he was soo overdone. Then Hudson kept begging for his cousins and Aunt Robbi so after saying quick hellos to my "college crew" we took off to find the Cornet family. Aunt Robbi saved the day. 






 I was close to my wits end. Traveling is hard with two little ones let alone with two that include a Maddox and a busy (almost) 3 year old. Hudson ate and ate AND ATE! John Ryan finally got his snuggles in too. I was so grateful for their camper. Maddox slept for 3 and a half hours! 

 These pictures are important to me. Now, my husband pitched a little fit (like they all do) about having to take it and having to ask someone to take it, but it was important. On November 29, 2008, Kyle proposed on these steps of Hale Hall on Tech's campus. This picture is taken November 1, 2014 with our boys. It's been a crazy (almost) 6 years, but I'm so grateful for it. I'm grateful for this beginning. The guy took the picture and when we were done, I told him why I wanted it and he said, "That is so cool. I'm so glad I did that for ya'll. Tech is the place where cool stuff starts. I'm glad I was able to capture the beginning and now for you." How cool huh??


 

 We found so many people's bricks! Left is Kyle's and Right is mine. Then, we found Aunt Jessica & Uncle Kody, Aunt Randi & Aunt Robbi, then Uncle Scott, Aunt Bec, and Mimi
                                   
                                   




This one is most important - notice Hudson's finger. That's Kyle's granddad's name. It's very special to still know and have a relationship with this man who is SO proud of every grandchild that goes to LaTech. 


Union Board!!!! 

I promise we weren't really on the seal! We had a discussion about what constituted the "seal" so we stayed off the red and blue. We also gave Hudson the run down on where he could and couldn't walk. 

We spent time with the Tech Bulldog. Maddox and I had a little talk while there. He did his own rubbing and I told him to rub rub rub cause we'd take all the luck we could get! 

This is what exhaustion looks like 
           



At the end of it all, I was tired. Kyle was tired. The boys were tired. Anyone with two can tell you that it's rough when they're this small. But we're making it. Some days it feels like it's only surviving and other days it is actually enjoyable. I was glad to see all our friends from school who made it to Ruston this year. I find myself missing that ole Union Board crew often. 

Sunday, after finding all the bricks, we drove to Arkansas for Sarah's 2nd birthday! We had such a great time. We also found out the name of a precious little baby boy that will be born soon. I'm not sure if I have permission to release that, but we will soon!!! The countdown is surely on for this little nephew to arrive.


1 comment:

  1. What a busy but fun weekend!
    I'm so glad you got to go to homecoming.
    And, I love the idea of taking a family picture on the steps where the proposal happened.
    Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete