background

Saturday, July 19, 2014

a week in the life

Monday- after a great week on soy formula, spit up returns for Maddox but he's still handling the feed well so I decided to slow the rate. Both boys stay home all day. We all three nap. Boys in bed by 9:30...Both in my bed by 3am.

Tuesday - boys go to daycare. I attempt to clean house. Lunch with another special needs mommy. Head to school to start working on my room. Take Maddox to therapy (Kyle meets us there this time) and meet with representative to measure Maddox and order his first medical equipment. Pick up hudson from daycare. Kyle leaves to go help body build a dog kennel. Put boys to bed only to have them both in my bed by 3am.

Wednesday - both boys stay home.it's a day of whining and playing. The weather is fabulous so we spend hours outside. Maddox thankfully sleeps in his swing for the third time in his life so I can play with hudson inn the glorious 75 degree July day. Kyle comes home from work and takes hudson with him to his brother's to finish the kennel. Maddox and I attempt walgreen's and taco bell... pretty much a screaming fail. My big boys get home at 10. Everyone asleep by 11. Only Thing 2 ends up in my bed at 4.

Thursday - boys to daycare. I spend time with a friend's two munchkins so she can meet with her boss. Head to Wal-Mart and post office. Back to school to paint. Take Maddox to therapy only to get there and have him sleep the whole time. Pick up Hudson, head home. Kyle's moon picks up Hudson for the night. Head to an open house for a medical day facility we are trying g to get Maddox in to. He cries and arches the whole time... I assume belly pain. Chick Fil A drive thru in the rain on the way home. Home to bed - Maddox sleeps with me, moans all night, overall just restless.

Friday - Hudson gets dropped off.  Maddox is hot. No fever. Cindy comes back after an appointment to get him so I can take Maddox to doctor. Talk to Blue Cross about insurance woes for about an hour. Head to doctor. Blood work and xrays later and we are headed to hospital with pneumonia.

Friday night- LOTS of attempts to get IV but no success (in the nurses's defense I told them to keep trying because the alternative was paid ful rocephen shots)

Is this every week? Nah. This is the first post nicu admit. But the rest is fairly normal. Add in feeding Thing Two every four hours, four AM meds and seven PM meds, baths and periodical sleep and that's life.

Am I romantic enough to blissfully say, "I wouldn't change one minute of it!"? HECK no. I'd change all of it if I could. But would I give any of it up? Nah. Life sucks some days. Life is great some days. But, it's my life and I love it. I go to bed not wanting to fall asleep because I know I've got to wake up and do it all over again but so exhausted that all I want is sleep.

tahdah

No comments:

Post a Comment