background

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Hey, hud.

I want to remember today. It was a day just with Y-O-U. (And some friends, but no daddy or brother)

You started off so cranky. We went to the donut shop, you chose chocolate milk (you don't like chocolate milk) and drank to sips only to pitch a fit about wanting orange juice. We went to Walmart for wipes and left with half the store of course, but most importantly you picked Maddox out a toy. (You were impressed with yourself)

We met the Powell crew at the movie theater to watch the newest Dragon movie. You, still cranky, started out refusing to sit or listen. Thank goodness for popcorn and gummies!!! Your bud, Evan, was having an equally rough morning so everytime he got in trouble you'd turn to me and kiss me or tell me you were funny or tickle me. It's like you were trying to make sure you didn't get in trouble. During the movie you lightened up. You growled at the dragons and laughed at the funny parts. You sat in my lap and leaves so sweetly on my shoulder.

We went to lunch at ChikFilA. Your mouth was still kind of sore but you tried eating and handled it like a champ. Next was the Tree House Museum. I must say I wasn't impressed... But you were. I love seeing life through your eyes. Every little thing in there made you light up!

After the museum, we went to get our swimming suits to go swimming! You talked my ear off!!! You told me all about the movie and the toys and the swimming pool. We even had to call your daddy and tell him about the movie!!!

Swimming...sadly it's really the first time this year you've gotten to swim. We tend to bring the rain with is wherever we go. Today? Same story! But we swam in the rain. You were precious. You giggled and giggled. I tried to get you to jump in but you'd only do it holding my hand. When I tried to get you to do it alone you got so nervous and giggle more! When the rain got too thick, we got out and you insisted you tee tee outside IN THE RAIN!!! 
I mean! How perfect? Gah I love you kid!

We picked up Maddox and headed home. After laying on the living room floor in the quiet eating Cheetos you looked at me and said, "momma where Maddox toy? His turtle toy momma!" Oh be still my heart. You wanted him to have it so badly. I went to the car and got the light up toy. You helped get it out of the box and then "played with him" - showing him each color.

The night was just fun. You had no crankies or lingering mouth pain. You played hard all night and crashed even harder. 

I love you so much. You will NEVER know how I feel for you right this second. You drive me certifiably insane and make my heart melt all in five seconds. Thank you for a splendid day sweet boy. 


- your momma 

No comments:

Post a Comment