background

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Hudson 2.5


Hudson, 
With each month that passes I realize just how lucky I am to be your momma. I learn patience thru your life. I am trying not to lose my mind and yet teach you to be calm and gentle. I must say in struggling. I spank your butt, put you in time out, and yell. This last week I've washed your mouth with soap. I've tried every Conscious Discipline technique I know and nothing works. I'm inconsistent and ridiculous. 

But we are making it. You love to sing, kiss your brother and give me shuugs. You're my favorite 2.5 year old I know. You say prayers, please and thank you, and excuse me. 

You're in to everything. You like to play Captain Hook and Jake simultaneously. You even empty toilet paper rolls to have a spyglass/microphone. You insist on cleaning up if Mister poops. You love the dirt, outside, "swimming at Wennys house", and starting to play baseball.

You sing! Oh how you sing! "Mary had a little lamb" "Jesus loves me" "stand up for Jesus" "wheels on the bus" etc etc etc!!! 

And you talk. And talk. I love it. You can tell me what hurts, what you want and what you don't, and you can tell me you love me. You know everyone's name and tell me all about your day at school. You tell me you want to go to church. You are my main squeeze. 

I always want you to know how much I love you. You really do drive me beautifully insane. I want so badly for you to love this life we have. I want you to always love your brother and your daddy. Today I asked you, "Hudson, one day will you let Jesus live in your heart?" You said "sure momma, my heart is right here. Jesus gonna be there." 

You are my big boy. My first main squeeze. I adore you... And that buzz cut.





No comments:

Post a Comment