background

Friday, August 29, 2014

The quiet

There's a very special moment for mommas. It's a moment we long for. A moment I need. A moment that we hold so very dear to our hearts and our sanity rests upon that one moment. I'm not talking about the first day of school, first steps, or any of that. 

For me, it's 11:15pm.

My house gets quiet. No one needs me. All four males that I live with are asleep. (Yes, even the dog) there's an eerie calm that takes over my whole world.

It's in this moment that my husband is relaxed. The weight of his job, current physical ailment, stress, etc is gone. It's in this moment that I stare at the video monitor that blares twinkle twinkle little star and watch Hudson sleep diagonally across his bed. In this brief moment, Maddox resembles him. He's sprawled out and so incredibly beautiful. 

In this moment I realize why I love my life and being a wife to this man and a momma to these boys. It's my rest. It's my rejuvenation. This moment before I fall asleep and I get to see all my boys... It's when I get to remind myself how blessed I truly am. 

I need this moment daily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment