background

Sunday, September 11, 2011

30 day blog challenge: Day 1

A dear friend of mine is starting this 30 day challenge, so I'm gonna join. I haven't been very good at keeping up with things, so this will make me sit and take time for me each day - writing. So, here it goes! 


Day 1: A recent picture of you and 15 interesting facts about yourself. 


first "belly shot" 
1. I am currently 15 weeks pregnant!  Its hard to believe there's something happening. Today... its just plain weird! We will find out in October if it'll be a baby boy or girl.

2. I really like goldfish snack crackers. Lately it is truly an obsession... Like a bag every other day.

3. I don't like talking about politics, money, or world happenings. Sometimes I dream of being in the "old days" when we just traded chickens for stuff and didn't worry about all the stuff that goes on outside of our own little worlds. Naive? Yes, but I'm just speaking truth.

4. I miss college days. Louisiana Tech was a fabulous place to be and it was a great time in life. I met my hubster there and many good friends. I also made deeper connections with high school friends as we learned to communicate across the distance. It was the time in life that you have the most freedom with the least responsibility.

5. Current addiction online: pinning. Holy freaking moly. I'm building my dream home on there, finding new crafts, and stocking up on funny/true sayings that make me smile on bad days.

6. I like old stuff: my house is old (its cold in the winter and hot in the summer, there's no insulation underneath, some of the floors seem crooked and creak when you walk, the baseboards are wide and beautiful), my computer desk is an old antique typewriter desk that I stripped, the guestroom bed is an antique that I got as a birthday present, etc. I just like stuff with a story. I like the idea of refinishing things but don't get around to it much.

7. I lived in West Africa for 10 months. Most people know this, but sometimes I say it out loud just for myself to hear it. I try to remember the things that God taught me while I was there. The reasons I'm grateful for that experience outweigh anything else that I have ever done. The Timbuktu stamp in my passport is something I'm ready to show my kiddos one day.

8. I was very accident prone as a child. It started when I was two with a broken leg. From 4th grade through my sophomore year in college I either broke something, went to the ER, or had an EMT visit me every other year. (except for between 6th and 8th - I didn't skip 7th, I had an accident all three of those years!)

9. I love my husband and I believe in staying married to him forever. In a world where divorce is so simple and easy to come by, its not for me. Are there days when I could smack the crap out of him? Most definitely. But, those are the days that God teaches me just how much he really does mean to me. We have a deal: We never go to bed angry. It works.

10. I'm sentimental. Most wouldn't call me emotional, but I am sentimental. I keep things that hold memories. (I finally threw away the shaker seen here) I like to be surrounded by family. Reminiscing over pictures and stories are my favorite pastime.

11. I love to sleep.

12. I teach and I always said I'd never teach. I teach ECSE (special education class for 3-5 year olds) and I can honestly say I enjoy it. I work with an amazing group of people and have met lifelong friends there. There are days that I want to pull my hair out and days when I've never been happier but every morning I'm glad to go to see those crazy children. Could I teach a class of 20 kiddos? Probably not. I like the one on one with children who need a little extra lovin'.

13. I've recently learned to sew and I have a love/hate relationship with it. I have curtains in three rooms of my house that I made myself. Of course, I'm proud of them, but Kyle will tell funny stories of the makings of them. Something about plugging in that machine, turns me in to a sailor. I've decided I only need to sew when I have a friend to talk to while doing it.

14. My dream is to travel the world, but my heart keeps my feet planted.

15.  It's been the craziest emotional roller coaster of a year for me and Kyle. We've seen amazing exciting things happen along with some of the hardest.  This week alone we lost a very close family friend and are marking the year of losing a family member, we've experienced our own first highs and lows of "parenthood",  and we've witnessed engagements and weddings. It's amazing what can happen in a year, but you get through when you surround yourself with the right people.

3 comments:

  1. Love the belly shot and LOVE that you will be blogging every day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that little baby bump looks so cute! and you look wonderful! i could really identify with your comments about teaching-i miss my kids a lot, and of course, i miss my grown-up friends tremendously. miss seeing your smiling face-take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. miss tam you need to come visit!!!

    ReplyDelete