background

Friday, September 16, 2011

Day 5

A picture of somewhere you've been to (like I'd really only put one - this is picture overload!)


1.  Honduras: San Pedro Sula and Roatan
At the orphanage in the town we were working in
Sunset on the beach in Roatan - beautiful!

Hunter and I at KFC in Honduras. Yep, KFC.





2. West Africa: Togo, Ghana, and Mali

Tabligbo, Togo - the village I lived

one of the border crossing gates - I think between Togo and Benin... I could be wrong.

The Tabligbo market. Emily, Lauren, and I went almost every Wednesday for fabrics, veggies, etc. 

The beach at Coconut Grove - a beach resort (with AC and Hot Water!!!) in Elmina, Ghana


the fishing village outside of the old slave castle in Elmina, Ghana

drinking a cold Coca-Cola on the Niger River on the way to Timbuktu!

proof that it we were REALLY going to make it!

heading out to stay in a tent in the edges of the Sahara Desert in Timbuktu

3. Trips lately
San Antonio, Texas: Our Honeymoon! It was the best, most laid-back week of our lives and we loved it!

Atlanta, Georgia: I had never been to a Braves game until the summer after I married Kyle (2009), but we've been every summer since.

Disney World!!! I finally went (on a work conference) in June of 2010 and I had a blast. I only saw EPCOT and Magic Kingdom, but it was just enough to make me want to go back. 







No comments:

Post a Comment